In today’s busy schedules, it is common for youngsters to ignore their health. When we talk about health, it is important that we focus on mental health as well. Due to cut-throat competition and constant academic pressure; students have started following an unhealthy lifestyle. This leads to several autoimmune disorders(diabetes, hypertension and many more) and can also take a toll on your mental health as well. Unhealthy Well! You need not worry at all as there are numerous tips which can help boost your mental health. Let us have a look at them:
- A healthy diet: You should eat a wholesome and nutritious diet in order to stay mentally and physically fit. You should include wholesome and brain-healthy foods like eggs, chicken, nuts and seeds, fish, fresh fruits, and green leafy vegetables.
- Regular exercise: Regular physical activity has several health benefits. It can boost your self-esteem, help you relax, concentrate, sleep, enhance your memory and feel better. Exercise promotes the well-being of your brain and other vital organs. Simple exercises like walking, running, swimming, yoga or even meditation can have a significant effect on your mental health. Regular physical activity is also linked to reduced symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Enjoy what you do: You must participate in activities that help you relax and give you maximum joy. For instance, go to watch a movie, have your favourite food, take a walk on the beach, listen to music or maybe dance, paint, meet a friend or read a book.
- Emotional support: An individual might go through a low phase in life or one might feel exhausted by the end of the day. In such circumstances, you can bond with a close friend or a family member who can make you feel better.
- Adequate sleep: Proper sleep is of utmost importance when it comes to overall health and better mental health. Seven to eight hours of sound sleep is extremely necessary for your brain. If you are sleep deprived, it can negatively affect your mental health. Sleep deprivation can weaken your immunity and make you feel exhausted.