Gone are the days when a science student would have more career options as compared to a commerce student. In recent years, commerce has wide scope and there are numerous career opportunities for students. This leaves students generally confused when it comes to choosing a career. It is important for students to start planning their careers early so that they know what options lay ahead after school. This will help them make an intelligent and calculated decision. Students often miss out on potentially great career choices because of the lack of adequate information. In the following article, we will discuss some career opportunities after choosing commerce.
- Charted Accountant: CA is a professional degree where a person can either be employed with a firm or in open their own firm as well. One of the most sought after career options in the country, CA is a lucrative career option for students who choose commerce in high school.
- BBA: One of the sought-after courses after commerce is a management degree. BBA is a three-year degree course. The curriculum is designed to impart management and entrepreneurship skills in a student. Students can pursue an MBA after BBA and give way to their excellent careers. Nowadays, there are various specializations in this field which further helps the student gain knowledge in one particular field. For instance, marketing, aviation, oil and gas, human resource, finance, and operations.
- Content writer: An emerging field, if you have a passion for writing you can go ahead with mass communication or print journalism. As content is the king, almost every organization requires a content writer. You can specialize in print journalism, advertising, radio journalism or television journalism and work as a reporter, copy editor, content marketing, editor, content writer, web editor, producer or journalist.
- Language Courses: Not a bad option either, pursuing a language course after class 12th is also an excellent career option. Many universities offer language courses. Alternatively, you can pursue mass communication, English Hons or even B.Com. Learning a new language will be an added benefit for you.
- LLB: A very interesting option for students who have commerce in 10+2 is LLB. Though a common degree, law opens to a lot of opportunities in the future. One can give judiciary exams along with the course and even pursue LLM after graduation.
Apart from the above-mentioned career options, some other career options for students after class 12th are BA Economics, BA History, Actuarial Sciences, Fashion Designing and many more. Once the student decides the career path, what is equally important is the right university.
Renowned universities like UPES Dehradun offer a number of specialised programs that help students to become industry-ready professionals. Apart from this, UPES also offers students global opportunities to set them apart from other students.