As one of the top law colleges in India, UPES School of Law is rooted in its specialized programs and practical learning approach. Since law is a highly stimulating and intellectually challenging field of study that requires immense hard work, we at UPES provide students with a complete learning experience.
The unique pedagogy of UPES helps students to become law professionals of the future. Our practical learning approach provides hands-on industrial experience to students that prepares them to take on challenges of the law field. UPES School of Law aims to create legal experts of the future with thorough and progressed knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework.
We consider our specialized programs and practical learning approach as two pillars of the School of Law. Read on to know about them!
Specialised Law Programs @ UPES
The world we work in today is segregated across numerous industries, sectors, functions, and processes. Law students at UPES have the privilege to choose any of the specializations to become a legal professional ready for the future.
- B.A. LL.B (Hons) with specialization in Energy Law; Criminal Law; Labour Law; Constitution Law
- B.Com. LL.B (Hons) with specialization in Taxation Law; Media & Entertainment Law; Legal Compliance & Secretarial Practices
- B.Sc. LLB (Hons) with specialization in Intellectual Property Rights; Food, Health & Environment Law; Medical and Forensic Law
- B.Tech. Energy Technology + LLB with IPR
- B.Tech. LLB (Hons) Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Cyber Law; IPR Law
- BBA LL.B (Hons) with Specialization in Corporate Law; International Trade & Investment Law; Banking, Finance & Insurance laws
Specializations at UPES are industry-aligned and one-of-a-kind in not just the country but entire South Asia. These law programs are comprehensive and provide students with an edge to pursue a legal career that will stay relevant for the future. Not only do these law specializations allow students to understand the intricacies of the said industry, but also kickstarts their career in the chosen field right after completing the degree program.
Practical Learning Approach
One of the significant reasons for UPES School of Law ranking constantly being on the top is because of our practical learning approach. The curriculum of all law specializations is designed in a way that makes students learn from practical examples.
- Moot Court
UPES School of Law is known around the country for its exceptional performance in prestigious mooting competitions. Mooting allows students to get into a stimulated court environment that helps them learn practically. It aids in rational thinking and allows them to be a part of the court process that involves drafting memorials.
At UPES School of Law, students get a chance to combine legal theory with real-world skills to stay ahead of the curve. The placements at UPES School of Law stand at 95% with more than 63 recruiters. It is also India’s first and only university to be ranked QS 5 Stars for Employability.