A Quick Guide to Our School of Engineering Industry Alliances
School of Engineering at UPES is rooted in a unique pedagogy that delivers 360-degree education to the students. In the world of academic and professional competitiveness, it is vital for students to be industry-ready and groomed as per industry standards. The fast-moving corporate world expects fresh engineering graduates to align themselves and fit right into their work environment quickly.
To address the changing requirement, we at UPES have many industrial partnerships with prominent organisations to provide a unique model of collaboration. The industry aligned engineering courses make UPES the preferred choice of Fortune 500 companies to recruit talent.
UPES has partnered with many world-leading organisations to develop customised courses across a host of engineering disciplines.
- Xebia – UPES offers co-branded programs in Big Data and DevOps that was developed in collaboration with Xebia.
- Philips Carbon Black Ltd. – For B.Tech Chemical Engineering & Refining, UPES under the ‘Skill India Mission’ has co-developed course curriculum which is solely designed, assessed, and delivered by Philips Carbon Black Ltd.
- IBM – A long-standing partner, IBM has co-branded 13 super-specialised programs through the joint establishment with the Centre of Information Technology. With over 2,000 students enrolled – it’s the largest of its kind. IBM and UPES partner together for courses, including:
- Cyber security and forensics
- Business analytics and optimization
- Cloud computing and virtualization technology
- Open source and open standards
- Banking, financial services and insurance
- Graphics and gaming
- IOT and smart cities
- Mobile application development
- IT infrastructure
- Mainframe technology
- Oil and Gas informatics
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Tata Power Limited – For students of B.Tech Electrical Engineering, we have an alliance with Tata Power Limited to provide exemplary guidance and industrial advantage.
- Infosys – B.Tech Geo-Informatics Engineering students get the advantage of Infosys that provides top-notch industry modules and instils the best practices in the field. Under UPES’ unique faculty-immersion initiative ‘Abhigyat’, faculty members also undergo internships and projects at Infosys to stay updated with latest technologies.
- BOSCH – UPES Centre of Excellence Training and Research in Automation Technology have a collaboration for research and development and to promote knowledge transfer to improve technical competency of students, provide internship and open up avenues for employability.
- L&T Limited – In the area of civil engineering, UPES has collaborated with L&T to provide opportunities and industrial learning to the students.
At UPES School of Engineering, we provide industry-aligned courses across all engineering programs. The laboratories and equipment at UPES are also aligned with industry standards to provide students with an edge. Studying such a curriculum helps students transition from university to an organisation easily. Other than that, the esteemed industry fellows visit the university and provide guest lectures to acquaint students with real-life problems and solutions. There are industrial tours, participation in industry forums and information sessions with recruiters to help students take a front step towards their career.